so my cousin made a fb status about having a horror movie marathon (he’s a dweeby little 14 year old just to put things into perspective) and he said friends are welcome to come over but not girls
girls are afraid of seeing blood
think about that for a minute
Boys think we’re so squeamish but they would faint if they ever had to change a tampon.
- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson
this is the happiest thing i’ve ever seen
kate bishop + pink and blue for neatomagneato
Today some bad squirrels tried to distract me from taking my math test by raiding the bird feeder right outside the window.
"weaponized femininity" more like "how to cater to the male gaze and Western beauty ideals while acting like it’s Totally Subversive"
And I, infinitesimal being,
drunk with the starry
likeness, image of
felt myself a pure part
of the abyss,
I wheeled with the stars,
my heart broke loose on the wind.
— Pablo Neruda, from “Poetry,” Neruda: Selected Poems (Houghton Mifflin, 1990)